Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in India
Honeymoon is the most special period of a newly married couple’s life.Whether you plan to fly to some exotic destination overseas or you are planning to stick to India for this special period of your life. Here are 10 honeymoon destinations in India that will leave you with memories of a lifetime.
- Goa: Goa is the land of sun, sand and sea. Seen as one of the top notch honeymoon destinations, couples from all over the world come here to spend their honeymoon. There is something about the sea that mesmerises the lovers and nothing offers the serene peace and romantic charm like Goa does. Its pristine beaches, scenic beauty with palm trees, sunny and warm weather add to the bliss of the honeymooning couple.There are also a number of heritage monuments and famous Portuguese buildings. You can enjoy romantic walks on the beaches with the love of your life, enjoying sunny breakfasts, night beaches parties, delicious sea foods, water sports, fishing, parasailing, and wind surfing with your life partner to makes your honeymoon memorable.
- Manali: It is one of the most popular honeymoon places for those who are mesmerised by Bollywood songs that were picturized in slow clad mountain tops. If your idea of romance is throwing snowballs at your life partner and running around playing catc and cook with the snow kissing your feet, Kullu Manali should be the ideal destination for you. It is blessed with green hills, snow covered mountains, waterfalls and big green grass landscape. If you and your partner are a lover of adventure sports like skiing, hiking, trekking, mountaineering, paragliding, river rafting, angling, and biking you will really make some fond memories doing them together.
3. Lakshadweep Islands: Known as the smallest union territory of India, Lakshadweep has some of the most exotic and uninhabited beaches. The speciality of the beaches over is here is that they have a bluish-green tinge accompanied by white sands. To make the most of the special period of your life book a cosy beach cottage and watch your love unravel.
4. Coorg, Karnataka: Among the Honeymoon Destinations in India, Coorg down the South of our country is a quaint little town. Tourists know this charming destination as the Scotland of India. The orange orchards, refreshing aroma of filtered coffee and vast acres of lush greenery is an ideal destination for a cosy and romantic honeymoon.
5. Darjeeling, West Bengal: Darjeeling, in the east is enchanting hill station which will make your honeymoon unforgettable. The acres of tea plantations, the natural beauties of pine trees, mountains and chilly weather will give you an experience of a kind!, The local traditional market for shopping (ladies are you listening) and the very famous toy train journey will be an icing on the cake.
On your trip to Darjelling, do not forge to include Tiger Hills in your itinerary. It is only about eight kilometers away from main Darjeeling city which is famous for its picturesque view. Darjelling also boasts about some other equally beautiful tourist spots like Singamari Ropeway, Batasia Loop, Rock Garden, Darjeeling Toy Train Kanchenjunga Mountains and Peace Pagoda.
6. Kerela: God’s own country is every honeymooning couple’s paradise. It is loaded with natural beauty and scenic landscapes. Hold hands and enjoy each other’s company as you explore the breathtaking backwaters of Kerela. If you love the sea and the beaches you could walk down the beach bare feet, sun bathe and even revisit your childhood by making sand dunes on the Kovallam Beach.
Other tourist spots in the laps of Kerela are hills of Munnar & Wayanad. Also add places like Cochin/Kochi, Munnar, Allepey, Kumarakom, Kollam and Kottayam to your list to make the most your honeymoon..
- Jaisalmer, Rajasthan: Bollywood has a soft corner for Rajasthan when it comes to having royl weddings. So what if you can’t have lavish weddings like the Maharajas in their palace mansions. But you can definitely enjoy your honeymoon experience royalty. Rajasthan spells royalty and Jaisalmer is an amazing city that offers history, monuments as well as elephant and camel back rides and lots more. You can also plan to visit other equally popular honeymoon destinations in Rajasthan such as Mount Abu, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur. Be prepared to sing ‘Mhare Hivda mein naache morr… tak thaiya thaiyaa.
8. Andaman and Nicobar Island: An ideal getaway for couples who are adrenaline junkies… Andaman and Nicobar Island will give that picture perfect frame to capture your moments together. If you are a fan of sun-kissed beaches but don’t want to head to Goa, Andaman and Nicobar islands will be a perfect choice for a beautiful honeymoon. You and your partner and enjoy adventure sports and water activities like scuba diving, snorkelling, and a kayaking. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands have signature clear blue waters and a wide variety of marine life which means you can enjoy the under-water marine life with a variety of colourful fishes, water-skiing, sail boats, windsurfing, speed boats, sunken ships, jungle life and learn about different flora and fauna.
If you are sea food fanatic, this is the ideal place to tantalize your taste buds. You can enjoy some of the best sea foods. Food, adventure and romance… now that spells exotic.
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: Shimla has been ideal destination for honeymooners since time immemorial. This stunning hill station is tranquil and painted with the beauty of nature. Love is always in the air for Shimla, thanks to its romantic climate, lush green hills, snow capped mountain tops, and swaying fields. The scenic and captivating view of Himalayas makes Shimla one of the most preferred honeymoon spots in India.
Some must see spots are Hip Hip Hurray Amusement park, Jakhu temple, The Mall, The Ridge, lower bazaar, Viceregal Lodge, Dorje Drag Monastery and Christ Church.
10.Ooty, Tamil Nadu: Ooty located in the picturesque Nilgiri hills is one of the most admired hill stations. It hold the promise of a romantic getaway especially for honeymooners who are still exploring love and getting to know each other well. Together, you with lots of attractions in the town such as the Botanical Gardens, Rose Garden, Ooty Lake and Dodabetta peak. Ooty, situated at the hills of Nilgiri, one of the most beautiful and romantic honeymoon destinations in India. Ooty is well known as the ‘Paradise for Honeymooners’, and there is no doubt it is the best naturally blessed charming hill stations of entire South India. Ooty is a perfect honeymoon place for those couples who wants away from the crowd and enjoy quality honey time together.
There are lots of tourist attractions & places in visit in Ootyare the Nilgiri Toy Train Ride, Botanical Gardens, Boating at Pykara Lake, Angling in Ooty and Glen Morgan Tea estate.
https://www.page3mumbai.com/top-10-honeymoon-destinations-in-india/https://d1pwtov3hkz0fo.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/20141014183924/featured.jpghttps://d1pwtov3hkz0fo.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/20141014183924/featured-150x150.jpgBlogHangoutsLifestyleTOURS & ATTRACTIONSandaman and nicobar,coorg,food,goa,Honeymoon,jaisalmer,kerela,lakswadweep,love,manali,marriage,ooty,packages,travelHoneymoon is the most special period of a newly married couple's life.Whether you plan to fly to some exotic destination overseas or you are planning to stick to India for this special period of your life. Here are 10 honeymoon destinations in India that will leave you with memories of a lifetime. Goa: Goa...Neha SomaniNeha Somaniconnect2nehasomani@gmail.comEditorI am a woman in process trying just like everyone else. Every day brings a chance for me to draw in a breath,kick off my shoes, and dance.I surround myself with only people who are going to lift me higher.Mumbai : Page3