Karwa Chauth Bollywood Style
Hindi Cinema or Bollywood as it is fondly called is all about larger than life characters. If one has to put it rightly, Bollywood is so many times about people and events straight out of our life especially when it comes to festivals. he silver screen has glorified and added zing t our favourite festivals be it Diwali or Holi. But we have to admit it that Karwa Chauth is an Bollywood’s favourite festival. Here are 10 scenes from movies that make wives go ‘awww’. So this is an ode to Karwa Chauth Bollywood Style.
1. Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayege: Can anyone forget this scene from the longest running movie of Bollyw0od. Our hearts still skip a beat as we watch Raj and Simran fast for each other on Karwa Chauth in the epic DDLJ and loving feed eac
h other on a terrace away from the entire clan? The scene was a game-changer as it showed a man fast for his life partner. The scene was so touching and powerful that we hate to believe that Raj and Simran are not a real life couple.
2. Judaai: A movie about a woman who sells off her husband for another woman garnered a lot of attention from the audience because of it bold subject (back in those days). This scene depicts Sridevi as a doting wife who fasted all day long for her husband’s long life an happiness.
3. Babul: Hema Malini, Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan an Rani Mukerjee starer Babul too had a Kawa Chauth sequence. This movie that did not lick much with the audiences dealt on the subject of widow remarriage.
4. Zeher: This Mahesh Bhatt thrillerknown for its beautiful songs had the talented Imran Hashmi and pretty Shamita Shetty play husband and wife. The Karwa Chauth sequence was weaved in the mesmerising song ‘Agar Tum Mil Jao Zamana Chor Denge Ham’
5. Baghban: When it comes to love, age is just a number. he angry young man of yesteryears and dream girl Hema Mailini beautifully portray a middle aged couple still head-over-heels in love with each other. This Karwa Chauth scene made even the young couples drop their jaws.
6. Biwi No. 1: This light eyed beauty played a doting and dutiful wife to Salman Khan in David Dhawan’s Biwi No.1 and carried off the role with grace. Here see is seen praying to the moon on the Karwa Chauth.
7. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam: The ‘Chand Chupa Badal mein’ was one of the most beautiful and melodies number of the Sanjay Leela Bansali directed Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. The first half of the movie had Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan dancing under the moonlight vouching their love for each other, while the other half had Aishwarya Rai fasting for her husband Ajay Devgan.
8. Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham: “Tere saath hogi meri duaayein, aayein kabhi na tujhpe koi balayein. Jism tu jaan main, teri pehchaan main…….”, crooned Jaya Bachchan for her reel and real life partner. The towering height of Amitabh and the petite and rally short Jaya made people go ‘aww, sho cute.’ The Karwa Chauth squence in the movie is still one of the epic Karwa Chauth sequences.
https://www.page3mumbai.com/karwa-chauth-bollywood-style/https://d1pwtov3hkz0fo.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/20141005061012/kf.jpghttps://d1pwtov3hkz0fo.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/20141005061012/kf-150x150.jpgAishwarya RaiBeautyBlogBollywoodCelebrityEntertainmentEventsFashionLifestyleMumbaiSalman Khanaishwarya rai,aishwarya rai bachhan,amitabh bachchan,Bollywood,chnd chup badal mein,DDLJ,gar Tum Mil Jao Zamana Chor Denge Ham,hema malini,Hum dil de chuke sanam,kajol,Karwa Chauth,moon,rani mukherjee,salman khan,shahrukh khan,srideviHindi Cinema or Bollywood as it is fondly called is all about larger than life characters. If one has to put it rightly, Bollywood is so many times about people and events straight out of our life especially when it comes to festivals. he silver screen has glorified and...Neha SomaniNeha Somaniconnect2nehasomani@gmail.comEditorI am a woman in process trying just like everyone else. Every day brings a chance for me to draw in a breath,kick off my shoes, and dance.I surround myself with only people who are going to lift me higher.Mumbai : Page3